Ask everyone to write on a piece of paper THREE things about themselves which may not be known to the others in the group. Two are true and one is not. Taking turns they read out the three ‘facts’ about themselves and the rest of the group votes which are true and false. There are always surprises. This simple activity is always fun, and helps the group and leaders get to know more about each other.
- Read Mark 10:46-52. How did Jesus act towards the beggar that was different than everyone else?
- In your own words, what does it mean to live like Jesus and share His love?
- Think about the phrase, “Our ability to discern His voice determines whether we are used by Him or not”. How have you seen witnessed this in your own life?
- What are some ways that you can live like Jesus and share His love in an unconditional and uncommon way? (Don’t forget to give a “random acts of kindness” card in each if these scenarios and share your story of being an uncommon friend at uncommonfriend.com). Here are some samples:
- Buy a cup of coffee for the person behind you in line.
- Ask your waiter if there is a need in their life and pray for them.
- Give some money to the guy holding a sign on the corner.
- Help a neighbor in their yard or with a home project.
- Assisted a single mom and watch her kids.
- Start an uncommon group that reaches common people with His uncommon love.
This week, my goal is to follow Christs' example and find one way to be an uncommon friend to someone else.