Go around the group and take turns sharing one interesting thing that wouldn't have been known before.
- Have you caught yourself marginalizing someone before? What happened to help you see things from a different perspective?
- Everyday we’re faced with options to interact with those around us either as the disciples did or as Christ did. What are some things that you can do to help see people through the eyes of Jesus?
- What are some of the factors that have caused you to have a wrong perspective of someone before?
- In the story of the woman at the well, how did Jesus cross cultural expectations to reach the woman?
- Discuss these things that God has called you to remember:
- We are all created equal.
- We all have made mistakes and we all have fallen short of God’s standard.
- We all are in need of a Savior and His undeserved forgiveness and grace.
- We all deserve a chance to thrive and experience abundant life.
- We all are a part of God’s family and are equally significant in His eyes.
- What is a way to take a different approach in your encounters with people this week?
This week, my goal is to reflect on the people that God has placed around me and take one step in interacting with them the way that Christ would.