"Plow up the fallow ground of your hearts, for now is the time to seek the Lord, that He may come and shower righteousness upon you."
CAMPUS PRAYER MEETINGS
217: Wednesdays, January 11, 18 & 25, at 7PM in the 217 Campus Sanctuary
DOWNTOWN: Wednesdays, January 11, 18 & 25, at 7PM at the Scottish Rite Center
MILL PLAIN: Wednesdays, January 11, 18 & 25, at 7PM in the upstairs City Kids room.
ROCKY BUTTE: Wednesdays, January 11, 18 & 25, at 7PM in the classrooms to the left of the Sanctuary.
WHAT IS FASTING?
Fasting is a specific time when we put aside food in order to seek God. Some of the results of fasting are:
- Fasting deepens humility.
- Fasting increases hunger for God to work.
- Fasting intensifies prayer concentration.
- Fasting solidifies determination.
- Fasting feeds your faith.
- Fasting opens you more fully to the Holy Spirit's working.
- Fasting fires earnestness and zeal.
- Fasting breaks the strongholds of the appetite.
TYPES OF FASTING
Full Fast: Drink only water
Partial Fast: A partial fast is from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm or from sun up to sundown. You can select from three types of fasting — a Full Fast, Daniel Fast or give up at least one item of food.
The Daniel Fast: Eat no meat, no sweets and no bread. Drink water and juice. Eat fruits and vegetables.
Media Fast: Refrain from TV and movies, social media and other forms of media entertainment.