Write the following sentences on notecards, one on each card:
- "Once upon a time I..."
- "My favorite place I ever went to is..."
- "The silliest thing I ever did was..."
- "My idea vacation is..."
- "The craziest thing I ever did (that I'll admit to) is..."
- "If my life were a book I would title it..."
Give each person in the group a card and have them tell a story from their life with this phrase starting the story. The winner is the person with the most interesting story.
- Read John 17:21-23. What does this tell you about how God created us to connect with Him and with one another?
- “The foundation to every living thing is relationship.” How could this be positive or negative?
- What is the most meaningful relationship you've ever had and why?
- What would be some of the hindrances in connecting to life-giving relationships?
- In light of how you answered number 3, what is your first step in forming life-giving relationships this week? Write it down and pray for that everyday.
This week, my goal is to take one step in forming a life-giving relationship.